PUBLIC WORKS – Water Utility Operator
The Village of Allouez is looking for a full-time Water Utility Operator to join the Public Works team; this position is responsible for assisting with the operation and maintenance of the water distribution system and wastewater lift stations; including system monitoring and record keeping, water system repairs, system flushing, inspection, hydrant maintenance, sampling and testing, and emergency calls.
• Associate Degree in Water Supply and Distribution or related field desired.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in water utility field.
• Possess a certification in Groundwater and Distribution Grade 1 or ability to obtain within three years.
• Serve on-call for after-hours water main breaks, locates, service leaks, and system alarms.
• Knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, and equipment used in the maintenance and operation of water systems is desired but not required.
• Must work cooperatively with others and deal tactfully and effectively with the public.
• Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Knowledge of GIS, SCADA systems or related software or willingness to learn.
• A valid Wisconsin Driver’s license
• Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
The typical schedule for this position works four nine-hour days Monday through Thursday and one four-hour day on Fridays. The Water Utility Operator will serve in on-call rotation for after-hour emergencies. The starting pay range for this position is $25 – $29 per hour plus emergency on-call pay of $400 per week while serving on-call duty. We offer an excellent benefit package.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a job application to Village of Allouez, 1900 Libal St., Green Bay, WI 54301, Attention: Angie Cepeda or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website at https://www.villageofallouezwi.gov/community/employment/ for a job application and the full job description. This position will remain open until filled.