The Village of Allouez has 3 trustee positions up for election in April 2024. To be a candidate on the ballot, proper paperwork must be filed by Tuesday, January 2, 2024 by 5:00 p.m. (Nomination papers can be circulated beginning December 1st. NOTE: Make sure all boxes on the nomination papers are filled out properly before getting signatures.)
Are you interested?
A strong democracy depends on engaged citizens and dedicated competent leaders willing to step forward and serve in public offices. No matter which public office–school board, village board, county board–our public institutions become stronger when interested candidates offer voters choices as to who will represent them.
Whether driven by a passion to address a particular challenge in the community, a realization that you are just as capable (or more!) than the current officeholder, or desire to provide leadership to the community on a broad scale, you will be making a difference. Serving in public office provides the opportunity to use your skills, talents, and experience to be a creative force for positive change in your community.
Who may be a candidate?
The minimum qualifications to hold an office are:
- United States citizenship
- At least 18 years of age (or older for certain offices)
- Satisfy residency requirement for specific office
- May not be convicted of a felony in any Court in the United States unless pardoned of the conviction
Packets of candidate information can be:
- Picked up at Village Hall, 1900 Libal Street
- Printed from link:
Information provided by the WI Ethics Commission:
- Lifecycle of a Candidate Committee (11.5 minutes) PDF version
- Local Candidate Duties and Prohibitions (15 minutes) PDF version
- Campaign Finance Reporting Requirements (9 minutes) PDF version
- Statutory Requirements for Anonymous Contributions
**More information can be found: https://elections.wi.gov/candidates