KNOX-BOX® RAPID ENTRY SYSTEM
The KNOX-BOX® Rapid Entry System allows the Allouez Fire Department to enter locked buildings without having to break doors or windows.
How a Rapid Entry System works
- Key vaults, mounted at the building entry, hold the keys to the building.
- Using a master key, the Allouez Fire Department can open the key vault.
- Entry to the building is faster—there is no waiting for a key holder to arrive; the key to the vault is with the authorized fire official.
- Because the master key is unique to the Allouez Fire Department, it relieves the fire department from storing multiple building keys.
Benefits of a Rapid Entry System
- Entry via the front door eliminates property damage to the building and reduces the risk of injuries to fire personnel.
- Replacement of broken doors and windows may not be covered by insurance.
- In the case of a false alarm, broken doors or windows must be boarded-up, providing a less than secure environment.
The Allouez Fire Department urges commercial property owners to purchase a KNOX-BOX® Rapid Entry System. For more information contact the Allouez Fire Department at 448-2806.