Stray Animals/Animal Complaints
Please contact the Brown County Sheriff’s Department non-emergency number at 920-391-7450 while the incident is occurring for the following issues:
- Found stray dog or cat
- Barking dog complaints
- Sick or injured animal
Stray pets are brought to the Wisconsin Humane Society- Green Bay Campus. At pick up, the owner is responsible for paying all fees incurred for the care of the animal while at the shelter.
The Village does not have a program to control wild animals on private property. Contact a private animal control company for help.
- Trapping is only legal on your own property unless you have a DNR trapping license and follow DNR regulations
- If you decide to trap you must check your trap daily and remove the animal
- Releasing animals on public property or on private property without the permission of the property owner is illegal
- Do not trap in spring or summer or you may create baby animal orphans that will starve to death without their mother!
- Do not leave traps set at night unless you are prepared to deal with a skunk in your trap!
- It is against the law and dangerous to keep wild animals if you don’t have permits, even if you plan on releasing them.
For more information about rescuing wildlife or deterring their presence call the Wildlife Sanctuary at 920-391-3671 or 920-391-3685.
Free Program for Wild Kitties
Village of Allouez in partnership with Cats Anonymous and Wisconsin Humane Society offers TNR (trap/neuter/return) as an option when dealing with stray cats or barn cats. The basic method of TNR involves cats in a colony being trapped, spayed/neutered, rabies vaccinated and ear-tipped for identification. They are then returned to their territory where they are monitored and provided care by volunteer citizens called caretakers.
Anyone in Allouez feeding or caring for stray outdoor cats is encouraged to call the Brown County Sheriff’s Department non-emergency number at 920-391-7450 to join the program. There is no cost to the individual. Donations are accepted.