The Village of Allouez employs a part-time Animal Control/Humane Officer, who along with the Brown County Sheriff’s department, provides 24/7 pick-up service of contained (not running loose) domestic animals (cats & dogs only) and wild animals that are sick or physically stranded in some manner which may cause injury or prevent it from leaving the property. Animal control will provide information and limited assistance with any animal related concern. Animal Control does not respond to barking dogs, but does provide the Brown County Sheriff’s Department and the Village’s Code Enforcement Officer information in regards to complaints of domestic animals and non-registered dogs. If you need their assistance please contact the Animal Control/Humane Officer at 530-1044 or the Sheriff’s Department Communication Center number at 391-7450 .
- Trapping is only legal on your own property unless you have a DNR trapping license and follow DNR regulations
- If you decide to trap you must check your trap daily and remove the animal
- Releasing animals on public property or on private property without the permission of the property owner is illegal
- Do not trap in spring or summer or you may create baby animal orphans that will starve to death without their mother!
- Do not leave traps set at night unless you are prepared to deal with a skunk in your trap!
- It is against the law and dangerous to keep wild animals if you don’t have permits, even if you plan on releasing them.
For more information about rescuing wildlife or deterring their presence call the Animal Control/Humane Officer 530-1044 or the Wildlife Sanctuary 391-3671/3685.
Free Program for Wild Kitties
Village of Allouez in partnership with Cats Anonymous and Wisconsin Humane Society offers TNR (trap/neuter/return) as an option when dealing with stray cats or barn cats. The basic method of TNR involves cats in a colony being trapped, spayed/neutered, rabies vaccinated and ear-tipped for identification. They are then returned to their territory where they are monitored and provided care by volunteer citizens called caretakers.
Anyone in Allouez feeding or caring for stray outdoor cats is encouraged to call Animal Control at 920-391-7450 to join the program. There is no cost to the individual. Donations are accepted.
All cat owners should follow all the rules that dogs follow.
Animals picked up by Animal Control are brought to the Wisconsin Humane Society-Green Bay Campus: 1830 Radisson Street, Green Bay, WI 54302 – phone number: 469-3110. The owner is responsible for paying all fees incurred for the care of the animal.